[Grok-dev] trying to inherit grok.template

Ivo van der Wijk vladdrac at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 10:48:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm confused by how grok.template() works with inheritance. What I
want is a baseclass that implements a generic way to list objects in a
container with an associated template. Specific context
implementations should derive from this and reuse the template that's
bound to the base listing.

This works with render(), but it doesn't work with a template that's
bound through grok.template() on the baseclass - grok will complain
there's no associated template or render method.

I know grok.AddForm does something similar - what's the trick?

Regards

Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk / m3r Consultancy B.V.
Linux/Python/Zope/Plone and Open Source solutions