[Grok-dev] towards a release

Tim Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Fri Mar 7 10:58:27 EST 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 4:46 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> We want to do a release soon, I think. We have two choices:
>
> * release the trunk as 0.12
>
> * release the trunk as 1.0
>
> What would people prefer, and why?

I would prefer 0.12 for the same reasons you explain.

> Given all that, I prefer pushing out a 0.12 soon, then move on to
> work on the version issue. Unless a volunteer steps up and fixes all
> the egg versions to KGS-based ones very soon.

I tried changing grok to be using KGS, but it failed, I think it was
REST
that wanted something in zope.publisher that was missing which exists
only in the 3.5.0a1.dev version that grok uses. I don't know what we can
do about that. I guess we can use KGS and override the version for just
this egg.

/Tim