[Grok-dev] Re: STORM howto

Christian Klinger cklinger at novareto.de
Fri Mar 14 04:39:13 EDT 2008

Hi,

I will first introduce myself a little bit:
I ´m working with zope since 3-4 years. I started with TTW-Programming,
Plone/Archetypes and now im looking forward into GROK/Z3.

> Hey,
>
> Christian (Klinger), Sebastian, and Brandon too:
>
> I just started a discussion on the Storm mailing list with some
> questions. I'm exploring whether Storm could make for a good default
> relational database integration layer for Grok.

Yes i have seen your post. A very good starting point for discussions...

As some of you know i worked on piece of software called
nva.stormcontainer. The goal of this container is do the same as a
normal grok.Container but write/read. the objects from an rdb instead of
zodb.

I have a first release on pypi:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/nva.stormcontainer/0.2

dobee (Bernd Dorn) from lovely.systems and Gustavo Niemeyer gave me some
great feedback on the stormcontainer.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.storm/459

I ´ve in my local repository a new version of this container with nearly
all suggestions from Bernd.

Here are the reasons why i take storm instead of sqlalchemy:

-- out of the box Zope-Integration
-- very easy and understandable

I hope i can join the Grokkerdam sprint to work on these topics.

Christian