[Grok-dev] Re: STORM howto

Christian Klinger cklinger at novareto.de
Fri Mar 14 05:16:01 EDT 2008

Sebastian Ware schrieb:
> Do I add nva.stormcontainer in setup.py in order to fetch this egg? I
> would like to try it.

Yes this should do it. Hopefully...

> Also, is there any way I can control the commits? I am basically doing:
>
> for obj in objlist:
>     ormContainer['id'] = obj

In the stormcontainer there is a __setitem__ which is responsible for
the insert.

     def __setitem__(self, name, item):
         store = getUtility(IZStorm).get(self.getStoreUtilityName())
         store.add(item)
         transaction.commit()

The transaction.commit() fires also an rdb.commit. This means on every
insert there is a commit.

But maybe it is possible to delete the transaction.commit() in
__setitem__, and rely on zopes transaction.commit.?

HTH Christian