[Grok-dev] "Zope3 on Rails"

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Tue Mar 18 08:00:53 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Peter Bengtsson <peter at fry-it.com> wrote:
>  What do people think about this tagline?

I've used "Zope3 on Rails" quite a lot myself to quickly describe what is Grok.

I don't think we should sanction it in any "official" way though, as
it would imply too much that we don't want (e.g. that Grok is a clone
of RoR). But it is useful as the informal "elevator pitch".

BTW, I once thought that "x on sails" sounds much better than "x on
rails". I much prefer the freedom and ease implied by sails than the
constraining screeching of rails.

Perhaps Grok can be Zope on Sails?

Cheers,

Luciano

PS. Just kidding about the "sails pitch".