[Grok-dev] Re: -Base baseclass magic

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Mar 18 17:35:45 EDT 2008

Robert Marianski wrote:
> I've committed a change (courtesy of Reed O'Brien) to the martian trunk
> to remove the auto-association of classes ending with the name Base as
> baseclass(). We also have a patch for the grok codebase, but we haven't
> applied it yet. The tests will break until a new version of martian is
> released, and grok is pegged to that version.
>
> Here are the details:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/185409

This is one of those changes that needs way more work in documenting it
than the actual code change itself.

Please also make sure you update CHANGES.txt in Martian, and I think
it's better to be safe than sorry, in Grok as well, when you make a
change like this.

In addition, update doc/upgrade.txt (add a 0.12 section) and tell people
what to do (use grok.baseclass() explicitly in those cases 'Base' was
relied on). Refer to this from CHANGES.txt in Grok.

Updating the CHANGES.txt is important for almost all changes, so please
get in the habit of doing it.