[Grok-dev] Re: is configure.zcml never tested?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Mar 19 14:45:13 EDT 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> I find that my grokcore.component tests run regardless of the content
> of configure.zcml.  Are the contents of that file untested, in the
> sense that we only know if they work when we actually try running
> another application against the library?

Tests will test what they've been written to test :). So unless you have
a test that executes configure.zcml and makes assertions about it, it
will indeed not matter what you put in configure.zcml or if you have
configure.zcml at all.

Typically we use functional tests to assert any kind of ZCML
configuration. In the case of grokcore.component, this would probably be
overkill.