[Grok-dev] grokcore.component 1.0 released!

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:55:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:12 AM, David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> Hi Phillip. I am aware of trusted adapters and very happy about this
> development. I'm going to begin experimenting with grokcore.component today.
> All I can say is woo hoo! This is going to make z3 development much faster,
> simpler and more fun.

A quick question: How come you are experimenting with
grokcore.component, and not all of Grok?

> BTW, will there an easy way to see what grokcore.component is doing or to
> generate zcml if you would like to see it. I am quite used to zcml and may
> want to confirm what it is doing. Many thanks.

It won't generate ZCML, and you quickly get used to not doing the ZCML.
We have a generic Zope3 project to introspect the component registry
as a part of Google Summer of Code, which will be equally helpful for
Grokish and ZCML development.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64