[Grok-dev] grokcore.component 1.0 released!

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Thu May 1 12:49:30 EDT 2008

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:12 AM, David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca> wrote:
>> Hi Phillip. I am aware of trusted adapters and very happy about this
>> development. I'm going to begin experimenting with grokcore.component today.
>> All I can say is woo hoo! This is going to make z3 development much faster,
>> simpler and more fun.

Hi Lennart, its a preference for explicit over implicit but I think
grokcore.component can give me the mix I have been looking for and can
be satisfied with. Grok removes security proxies. This is a significant
factor in my choice of zope flavor.

> A quick question: How come you are experimenting with
> grokcore.component, and not all of Grok?
>
>> BTW, will there an easy way to see what grokcore.component is doing or to
>> generate zcml if you would like to see it. I am quite used to zcml and may
>> want to confirm what it is doing. Many thanks.

ZCML is and integral part of zope. I can get used to not writing some
parts of it, but I always will want to know (and see) what is being done
for me. Happy to know this will be possible through introspection. This
is part of intimately understanding your app which I do not want to
become dissociated from.

Regards
David