[Grok-dev] sprint mini-report 3

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sat May 3 03:48:34 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 09:35:41AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > This is a very good summary of the state of things as this afternoon:
> >
> > http://vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2008/05/02/quick-intermediary-grokkerdam-sprint-roundup
>
> I'm surprised to see a desire expressed in there to create
> yet-another-sqlalchemy-integration package. What happened to the idea of
> using and improving collective.lead? That aims to be a minimal
> integration package and is already being used in various deployments so
> should be a solid base.

The plan was established between "elro", Kapil and me. The existing
integration packages will partially go away or switch over to using
zope.sqlalchemy for the low-level stuff (mainly transaction integration) and
provide more high-level services (like database configuration and setup,
schema descriptions) themselves.

collective.lead contains policy-specific stuff and we didn't want to rip that
out.

z3c.zalchemy will be abandoned, z3c.sqlalchemy will likely switch over to
zope.sqlalchemy as well, and so will ore.alchemist. At least that's the plan.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany