[Grok-dev] sprint mini-report 5

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun May 4 18:22:25 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Time for another mini report. This time Maurits did the work for me:

http://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2008/05/grok-sprint-wrapup-sunday

(note that this includes a lot of items done on earlier days)

What happened today (that I can recall);

* more grokproject work. It can now download tarballs with the required
eggs for installation.

* more testrunner refactoring

* more documentation and examples

* finalization of the first round of the Big Directive Refactoring,
which landed in Martian (released), grokcore.component (released as
well) and grok (on trunk). We already started to discuss what needs to
be done next, which likely will cause more backwards incompatible
changes in grokkers, in exchange for more simplicity. People who are on
0.12 will be all right for now, and we'll be providing extensive upgrade
notes once everything's over. We believe this refactoring will make the
writing of grokkers and new directives a lot more easy and consistent,
while allowing an introspector on top of it as well.

* five.grok and megrok.kss were adjusted to use the new style directives