[Grok-dev] Re: issue #226555: viewlet.url() and how to solve it

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri May 9 03:45:16 EDT 2008

Kevin Smith wrote:
> Thinking out loud, it may be possible in a viewlet to map the 'view'
> namespace directly to the parent view and then supply a 'viewlet'
> namespace that maps directly to the viewlet.

Like the others I'm quite fond of this idea too.

This would actually mean, we do not need to supply a url() method on
viewlet(managers) after all, because you have easy access to the view
and thus you can easily (and completely similar to "normal" views) call
view.url() in your template.

This would 1) result in less code to maintain, 2) opening up the
possibility to create at some point in time a viewlet.url() that
constructs the URL to the individual viewlet.

regards,
jw