[Grok-dev] Re: friendly grok smash django pic

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 12 14:46:35 EDT 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:

>>> 404's :)
>> You can get the subversive material privately via email.  I personally
>> think it is playful, but I am going to err on the side of caution.  :)
>
> Noah, I think you've made an excellent decision by taking it down.

+1

I didn't see the picture, and I'm sure its intent is playful, but Django
is our "concollega", as we say in Dutch - our competition/colleague. We
are of course in a friendly competition, but we also have many avenues
for cooperation, and we're not out to directly challenge anyone, and
definitely not out to smash anyone. We'll only smash our own problems. :)

I think we should shine by the light of our features and good stuff, and
not so much shine in contrast to others.