[Grok-dev] Re: local roles and REST

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu May 15 18:58:05 EDT 2008

whit morriss wrote:
[snip]
> Am I missing something elsewhere or are local roles not being applied by
> default to REST views (grok 0.11.1)?

Hm, this sounds like a bug. Strangely enough there are tests (in
ftests/rest/rest.py) that do test @grok.require(), see the ++rest++e
protocol.

Evidently these tests (which I wrote; mea culpa) are not complete enough
for some reason. I see they only test that a lack of the appropriate
permission works, but there is no test that I can see where the
permission is supplied.

Could you venture to extend the tests (on the 0.12 branch, for starters;
we could also a 0.11 release if you want, though) to demonstrate this
problem? I'll then help you find the issue and fix it.