[Grok-dev] grok.repoze and repoze.who

Santiago Videla santiago.videla at gmail.com
Fri May 16 00:38:36 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I just installed grok.repoze  and want to share my experience.

The quickstart in repoze.org [2] works fine but doesn't say anything about
creating the grok application. The tutorial in grok.zope.org [2] also seems
to be ok, but there is a detail missing.

At the end, once all the step are done (including the grokproject
--no-buildout <your-project>). One have to create a zcml file in:
your-sandbox/etc/grok-apps/your-project.zcml

and add something like:

<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
           xmlns:grok="http://namespaces.zope.org/grok">

    <include package="<your-project>" />

</configure>

then go to the grok app folder and execute:

# your-sandbox/bin/python2.4 setup.py develop

I think that with this little tweaks, both tutorial will be complete. At
least, it wasn't straightforward for me to figure out.

There is another issue with grok.repoze, it comes with grok==0.11 dependecy.
So, I had to update by hand a few eggs, and then modify the requires.txt in

your-sandbox/lib/python2.4/site-packages/repoze.grok-0.1.5-py2.4.egg/EGG-INFO/

to be able to run grok-0.12. I have to say that, I didn't documented which
eggs I had to update. But I will reproduce the process and get a list of
those.

Last thing: anybody aware of repoze.who how can be used in grok to tackle
the authorization issue?

cheers

[1] http://repoze.org/quickstart.html#repoze.grok
[2]
http://grok.zope.org/documentation/tutorial/installing-and-setting-up-grok-under-mod-wsgi/tutorial-all-pages

--
Santiago Videla
www.revolucionesweb.com.ar

Sigue la mata dando de que hablar siempre abajo y a la izquierda donde el
pensamiento que se hace corazón resplandece con la palabra sencilla y
humilde que l at s tod at s somos.