[Grok-dev] Re: Grok permissions (anything different in 0.12)?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri May 16 10:33:18 EDT 2008

David Bain wrote:
> Is there anything different about permissions in grok 0.12?
>
> I ask because the permissions tutorial claims to be specific to grok 0.11.
>
> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/tutorial/permissions
>
> If everything is the same then the tutorial should be flagged as 0.12
> compatible.
> .

Go ahead, I don't think anything changed (a few bugfixes, but that
shouldn't affect the tutorial).

In the trunk we do have a change where it's now possible to refer to the
permission class directly using grok.require, but that's not yet released:

class MyPermission(grok.Permission):
     grok.name('some_permission')

grok.require(MyPermission)