[Grok-dev] Re: grokcore.component into plone

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri May 16 13:13:39 EDT 2008

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Godefroid Chapelle
> <gotcha at bubblenet.be> wrote:
>> grokcore.security
>
> I still don't think that will be reusable for Zope2. Five's security
> implementation is very different from Zope3s. I think it is best to
> start implementing this, and see what, if any, gets reusable between
> versions.

I agree it's unlikely it'll be directly reusable, but such factoring
outs might still be helpful as it'll leave the core cleaner.

>> grokcore.view
>
> That could work, if we make the baseclases pluggable, as Five uses
> different base classes from Zope3.

Yeah, this is the clearest bigger task right now.

A small task is something like grokcore.annotation. We can't move it to
grokcore.component, as it relies on zope.annotation, but we can move it
into its own package. Hm, actually looking at zope.annotation, it only
needs zope.location in addition to the existing grokcore.component
requirements. Ah, but then zope.location turns around and needs
zope.traversing and zope.security and that will pull in the world. So
yeah, we need grokcore.annotation.