[Grok-dev] Re: Making an egg bundle for Grok

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat May 17 14:57:46 EDT 2008

Hey,

Thanks for all this progress, Maurits!

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
>> Testing on Windows would be cool too, both of the script and the
>> recipe. :)
>
> I tested at least the releasemaker script on Windows. It works nicely,
> though the tarball contains binary eggs, which is what we want, I
> suppose. I just think that the tarball's name should contain the 'win32'
> moniker somewhere to distinguish it from the pure-source tarball.

Cool! We also want to tell buildout to use the win32 tarball. I think
that's the limit of our cross-platform ambition, so we just want support
to create:

* windows binary eggs tarball

* source tarball

The download recipe also needs to be able to know it's downloading on
windows and then somehow download the windows versions. The buildout.cfg
shouldn't have a different URL as a result though, as then it'd not be
portable. So that's a bit tricky, as now the whole URL to the eggs is
included. Ideas?