[Grok-dev] Re: grokproject and svn

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 19 08:48:40 EDT 2008

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> when using
>
>   --svn-repository=REPOS
>
> The egg-info directory is added to version control
>   src/yourproject.egg-info/
> however in the version control docs
>  http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/placing-your-grok-project-under-version-control
>
> it says that this info shouldn't be version controlled
>
> a) What is correct?

While Philipp mentions that there are advocates to both practices, I
think we can clearly identify the Zope camp as *not* doing this. I think
therefore we ideally we shouldn't be doing this.

I understood from Philipp that this requires a change somewhere in
paste... What's involved?

> b) I think --svn-repository=REPOS should be promoted in the tutorial. It
> signals good practice.

It should indeed be mentioned in *some* documentation, either the
tutorial or the developer notes.