[Grok-dev] Running grok tests on python2.5

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed May 21 05:15:33 EDT 2008

Hi,

When running the Grok tests on Python-2.5 (I know, not yet "blessed" :)
I get two failures, one in grok/tests/view/unassociated.py and one in
grok/tests/view/inline_unassociated.py.

In both case it is the output of showwarning() that differs from the
expected output, because there's some extra garbage characters at the end.

Questions:

1) Can anyone confirm this?

2) Does anyone have an idea where the garbage characters come from?

3) I tried to figure out what showwarning() actually is/does, but I
cannot really find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me what it is?

4) Does it make sense to fix it (I could do that when I figure out what
the exact cause is)? For example, the latest Ubuntu ships with just
python-2.5 installed (by default)...

kind regards,
jw

ps. I do not really want to go into a discussion about whether zope/grok
shouldn't really be blessed for python 2.5 by now etc. etc. I just think
it makes sense to fix these two failures.