[Grok-dev] How should I deploy my grok app?

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Fri May 23 06:31:26 EDT 2008

I've got a grokproject where I've checked in the buildout.cfg,
setup.py, src/.../* into svn.
Now, how do I deploy this on the live server?

I followed this:
http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/placing-your-grok-project-under-version-control/

If I check out the project on my production server and run python
bootstrap.py followed by ./bin/buildout the whole site is run from
within the SVN tree.
I don't want that. I don't want my Data.fs to be inside the SVN tree.
It just doesn't make sense.

I'm currently thinking of creating a new Grokproject by the same name
and when it has created a src/name_of_app I'll delete that and replace
it with a symbolic link to my sources in the SVN tree.

I'm missing something obvious I fear. How do I install just Grok and
then put in my sources later?

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com