[Grok-dev] Re: we need a MethodGrokker

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu May 29 09:34:03 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>> Is there anything else we want to get done before a 0.13 release?
>>
>> So, is there?
>
> One thing I'd like to study is whether we really need
> foo.directive.bind().get() everywhere, and whether this cannot be
> encapsulated into 'get()' on the directive after all.
>
> Then of course it'd be interesting to figure out which cases of
> foo.directive.get() are still left in the actual grokkers, to see
> whether we can get rid of them too. If we can get rid of all of them, no
> more need for an easier foo.directive.get(). :)

There's still some use in the grokkers (4 places) but also some within
directives themselves (3 places), the template registry (2 places) and
the util.py module (1 place).

While a directive.get() method would be tempting, the question is
whether it's even necessary with so few uses of directive.bind().get()...