[Grok-dev] Re: Upgrade problem "type object 'IRole' has no attribute '__iro__'"

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu May 29 12:25:00 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
>> 2008-05-27T19:07:06 ERROR SiteError http://localhost:8080/applications
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> AttributeError: 'CookieClientIdManager' object has no attribute
>> 'cookieLifetime'
>
> CookieClientIdManager's cookieLifeTime attribute is actually a class
> attribute. So as with IRole, it seems the ZODB isn't finding the right
> class when unpickling.
>
> What happens when you add zope.app.session and zope.app.securitypolicy
> as explicit dependencies to your application?

I've seen this one before. It has something to do with the versions of
zope.app.session and such that were in use.

Uli analyzed this back then:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2008-February/003925.html

This has something you might try:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2008-February/003939.html