[Grok-dev] Updating sidebar information on grok.zope.org

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Sat May 31 17:55:12 EDT 2008

On May 31, 2008, at 1:27 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Kevin Teague wrote:
>> I just updated the download sidebar to 0.12.1.
>>
>> The sidebar is still static text - I've updated the page template in
>> the portal_skins/custom/portlet_download Folder in the ZMI.
>
> Perhaps you can upgrade the site to Plone 3.1 so you can use its
> static
> text portlet?

Yes, this is part of the reason why I haven't finished off the
download portlet is that I was waffling over doing a Plone 3.1 update
and using the static text portlet instead. This means less code for
the Grok web site, although the text would have to be updated manually
with each release (or a release script could update the text). This
method would also make it a little easier if we want to change the
format of the download area between releases.