[Grok-dev] Feature request "Log out"

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu Nov 6 04:24:41 EST 2008

Thanks!

The @@logout.html?nextURL=xxx worked for me provided that nextURL was
a public view (no grok.requires) otherwise it didn't log me out. This
might be because I am catching the Unauthorized exception.

Unfortunately if I go to /applications I get automatically logged in
again. In other words, this solves my real problem :) (adding an
application and the logging into that application without the
zope.manager role) but IMHO it isn't a proper logout :(.

Mvh Sebastian

6 nov 2008 kl. 09.55 skrev Michael Haubenwallner:

> Sebastian Ware wrote:
>> I think one should seriously consider changing the authentication
>> method. Lacking logout is a bit of an embarrassment, regardless of
>> what the underlying reasons are.
>>
>> Mvh Sebastian
>>
>> 4 nov 2008 kl. 19.13 skrev Christian Theune:

>>> I'm not sure whether this still holds, but HTTP Basic auth "logout"
>>> was
>>> nearly impossible a few years ago and always was fragile and
>>> cumbersome
>>> from an end user's perspective: the protocol never specified it and