[Grok-dev] z3c.autoinclude hiding configuration conflict errors(?)

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 06:01:45 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Martijn Faassen
<faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> [snip]
>> Now, I realise the second configure.zcml is not really correct. You
>> should *include* foobar and let it do whatever registrations is needs to
>> do. But still I wonder why I do not get the conflict error then...
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> I might not have ZCML conflict resolution completely straight, but as
> far as I can know you can override conflicts lower down the inclusion
> chain, but siblings can't.
>

>     A   B
>      \ /
>
> so C can override things defined by A or B, but conflicts can occur
> between A and B.

Uuuuuhmmm, strange. Somehow I always have had the impression that
conflicting registrations can only be resolved by way of an
overrides.zcml and the inclusion hierarchy/order had no effect... I
wonder why I had this strong belief or whether something changed at
some point...

/me wondering...

regards,
jw