[Grok-dev] generic directoryresource in grokcore.view

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 04:03:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

Grok views by default have access to a "static" directory for resources.
They're a special kind of the more general DirectoryResource feature of
Zope.

Since the resource "static" is always registered for the IDefaultBrowser
layer and I wanted to be able to skin resources too (in some case
leading to hard to debug error messages) I thought it would be nice to
have the more generic DirectoryResource feature available in Grok too.

I'm working on implementing the more general 'DirectoryResource' on a
branch of grokcore.view:

http://svn.zope.org/grokcore.view/branches/jw-generic_directory_resource/

I still need to add functional tests though, esp. concerning skinning.

Questions:

1) Do people feel this is useful to intergrate in grokcore.view?
2) Could someone have a quick look at the implementation?

kind regards,
jw