[Grok-dev] Naming of grok.provides

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Oct 14 04:47:39 EDT 2008

:) My confusion acctually has to do with the grok.provides()
directive, which I find difficult to relate to the providedBy() method.

I don't understand why I use grok.provides for an adapter and
interface.implements on an object. Then I use providedBy to check if
the object belongs to a class that implements... in the docstring it
does say something like implementedBy(MyClass) and
providedBy(MyObject) so I think I get how I am supposed to use it (it
works anyway), but it is really related the grok.provides directive I
am struggeling.

Mvh Sebastian