[Grok-dev] grok versions update before next release

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Mon Sep 29 08:57:28 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> in the grok trunk versions.cfg file pygments and simplejson are pinned
>> to rather old versions:
>>
>> pygments:
>>   versions.cfg  0.8.1  (released Jun 27, 2007)
>>   current       0.11.1 (released Aug 24, 2008)
>>
>> simplejson
>>   versions.cfg   1.7.1  (released Mar 28, 2007)
>>   current        2.0.0  (released Sep 27, 2008)
>>
>> tests pass with the recent versions.
>> any objections to use the current releases?
>
> Is it true that simplejson has C code in it now? If so, we need to make
> sure there's a Python 2.4 and a Python 2.5 windows egg available.

I tested on windows with no compilers installed. Installation works for
both Python2.4 and 2.5. During the setup the easy_install prints these
warnings:

WARNING: The C extension could not be compiled, speedups are not enabled.
Failure information, if any, is above.
I'm retrying the build without the C extension now.
WARNING: The C extension could not be compiled, speedups are not enabled.
Plain-Python installation succeeded.

(I wish zope3 could do that too, especially zope.interface implements
its C extensions optional anyway but forces a compilation).

Regards
Michael

--
http://blog.d2m.at