[Grok-dev] post-0.14-release notes

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Sep 30 06:34:45 EDT 2008

El 30 Sep 2008, a las 12:26 , Jan-Wijbrand Kolman escribió:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
>> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

>>> Also, grok 0.14's version list [1] doesn't include grokui.admin. So
>>> effectively grokui.admin is a free-floating dependency and not
>>> version-pinned. IMHO this should be fixed asap.
>
> http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.14.cfg is fixed now.

Cool, thx.

>> Should we also update the versions.cfg in the Grok trunk? `grok` does
>> not depend on `grokui.admin`, but I think its version.cfg is used
>> when
>> creating the releaseinfo-file, right? So we could make sure it
>> won't be
>> forgotten next time a release is made.
>
> Interesting point... It is not a dependency of Grok iteself. I would
> thus expect it not to be in the versions.cfg of Grok.

I don't think we should look at versions.cfg as a list of dependencies
that Grok has. Rather, I think it's a known-good set description and
grokui.admin simply is part of the whole set of software, *especially*
if grokproject adds it to the sandbox automatically.

> Should grokproject add the grokui.admin versions spec in the
> versions.cfg file that is created for a new project?

Sure, preferrably by means of Grok's version.cfg (which is how it
already works, right?).