[Grok-dev] [Checkins] SVN: grokproject/tags/0.9/ Create release tag.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Sep 30 09:24:08 EDT 2008

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Michael Haubenwallner <michael at d2m.at> wrote:
>> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>>> Log message for revision 91619:
>>>   Create release tag.
>>>
>>> Changed:
>>>   A   grokproject/tags/0.9/
>>>
>>> -=-
>>> Copied: grokproject/tags/0.9 (from rev 91618, grokproject/trunk)
>>>
>> I am a bit irritated. There are two branches waiting to be merged and
>> also requested in the mailing list.
>
> I can understand that.
>
> Why didn't the merge happen? Were you waiting for a green light to do the merge?

Hm, I admit I missed Michael's message, so that can't have helped. We
saw the branch for paste support when doing the release but I figured it
was a lot of changes to drop in all of a sudden.

> In that case, reading both threads about the two branches (patser
> support and the alternative i18n recipes) I think I can conclude you
> can actually do the merge. Once merged I can do an 0.10 release right
> away. There's no need to wait for another Grok release to release
> grokproject.

I think we already got the alternative i18n recipes in there? At least
*some* alternative i18n messages made it into the trunk - is this
another set again? I do see a recent branch that seems to be about
supplying grokproject with an alternative release URL.

I agree with JW we could make another release after the merge without
waiting for a full Grok release. Note though that I *would* like to
mention 'paste support' as a major new feature of the *next* version of
Grok though. :)

I think we need to work a bit on the coordination around grokproject.
I'll try to pay better attention to what's up myself.