[Grok-dev] Question regarding hurry.workflow

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:10:56 EDT 2009

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> I apologize if this question is a bit on the fringe. I would like to
> have multiple workflows in hurry.workflow. One could do this by adding
> states that aren't "connected" but I would rather do it by registering
> the workflow as a named global utility rather than the unnamed global
> utility that is used now. Is this a bad idea? Have I misunderstood
> something?

This certainly is a relevant observation/question.

There's a package "out there" called something like "ore.workflow" that
is essentially a fork of hurry.workflow having implemented exactly your
idea: being able to register multiple workflows.

We try to get these efforts combined.

I'm willing to help on this; we use hurry.workflow for a project at
work, currently with "only" one workflow per application, but this could
certainly need to change at some point in the near future...

In other words - let's see if we can get the modificiations of
ore.workflow (if I indeed remember the name correctly) "ported" to
hurry.workflow.

regards,
jw