[Grok-dev] Migration to 1.0a3 -- and beyond

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 17 08:37:37 EDT 2009

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Thibaud Morel l'Horset wrote:
>> Is there something I can do to get past this issue to install grok right
>> now? I'm trying to install on Ubuntu 8.10 with python 2.5.2 and am
>> getting the apidoc.codemodule.module import error also...
>
> I solved it by adding in your buildout.cfg, just after the first section:
>
> [versions]
> grokui.admin = 0.3.2
>
> This will get you the latest grokui.admin that solved the apidoc
> dependency for me.

Can we please release a grokproject that doesn't mess around with
versions.cfg as soon as possible? grokproject shouldn't add stuff to
versions.cfg; it took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on
(grokui.admin in there once in the versions.cfg of Grok and then once
again added by a far too promiscuous grokproject) and I'd seen the issue
about this in the first place!

It's just horribly embarassing that grokproject actually completely
fails without doing this. Has Grok been uninstallable without manual
modifications for a week now?

I'd say if we have the choice between waiting for Windows fixes and
actually making Grok install properly at all on *any* platform, we
always choose making Grok install at least *somewhere*.