[Grok-dev] status of europython sprint?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Apr 29 03:43:40 EDT 2009

On 2009-04-28, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Reinout van Rees wrote:
>> There was some talk several weeks ago about a possible europython sprint.
>> What's the status of that?  I'm going to EP, too.  I remember hearing two
>> "maybe"s.
>
> I think the best way to make this have a status is for some volunteer to
> try to organize it. I.e. find out what the requirements are from
> EuroPython, announce the sprint to appropriate places, remind people of
> the sprint over and over again, try to convert the "maybe"s to a "yes",
> etc.

I've at least added the sprint to http://wiki.europython.eu/Sprints and added
Christian Klinger and Uli Fouquet to the list of participants.  I volunteer to
use harpoons and other means to get people to attend.

Listing the sprint on that page is enough to get the conference organizers to
arrange space for the sprint, so that's pretty cool.

Proposal: sprint on the friday+saturday after the sprint. Subject: I've set it
on "doing stuff for the 1.0 final grok release" for the time being. Are there
better suggestions?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org