[Grok-dev] martian and grokcore.component incompatible?

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:37:35 EDT 2009

2009/8/6 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>

> Paul Wilson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been playing with the trunks of martian and grokcore.component. It
> > looks as though martian 0.12 is incompatible with grokcore.component...
> >
> > Just double checking that this is known? If not I'll submit a bug report
> > or go into more depth...
>
> Yes, this is known - the latest release of martian is not compatible
> with grokcore.component.
>
> What happened is that we changed martian to be much better at dealing
> with inheritance. See the CHANGES.txt of martian for more info. We
> haven't gotten around to making sure all the grokcore.* packages work
> again, though.

Ah. I knew some work was being done to martian (regarding templates if
I remember), and should have read CHANGES.txt!

That said, I believe if you install grokcore.component using setup.py,
it downloads martian 0.12 as a dependency:

    install_requires=['setuptools',
                      'martian >= 0.10',
                      'zope.component',
                      'zope.configuration',
                      'zope.interface',
                      'zope.event',
                      'zope.testing',
                      ],

http://svn.zope.org/grokcore.component/trunk/setup.py?rev=100577&view=markup

While versions.cfg is pinning it at 0.11 correctly...

Regards,
Paul