[Grok-dev] data.fs location

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Aug 18 05:56:25 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-17, Tim Cook <timothywayne.cook at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't be opposed to parts/var  In fact I like the the parts/*
> approach.=20

Coming from plone buildouts, parts/ has always been a "can be zapped and will
be recreated" area for me.

One other place where this is coming from: if you make a buildout recipe, you
can return a directory you created as output of the install() method.  Upon
uninstall, buildout will clean up that directory for you.

So: using var/ instead of parts/ would make my data safer as "var/" is a
warning flag for me not to delete stuff there :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com