[Grok-dev] A thought on the severe local utility problem

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Wed Aug 19 04:44:12 EDT 2009

Whereas this doesn't bite me that bad any longer since I created some
custom export/import logic. The fact that one has to recreate the app
when adding new indexes is still a PITA.

My question is if one could create an action in the admin where:

a) an app [myapp] is renamed [myapp_old]
b) a new app is created [myapp]
c) the contents of the root container [myapp_old] is moved to [myapp]
d) [myapp_old] is deleted

Wouldn't this workaround solve the "add new index" problem?

Mvh Sebastian