[Grok-dev] testing all packages in grok

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Fri Aug 21 08:40:11 EDT 2009

On the zope-dev mailinglist, there's been quite some talk about running all
the tests in one go.  To test whether all packages work together, especially
now that there's been lots of reorganizing, dependency reduction, etc.

One of the things coming out of that was Hanno's plone.recipe.alltests (see
also http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/2009/08/19/test-everything.html).

During the europython sprint, I added a bin/test-all to grok that tests grok
and the grokcore.* and martian packages to see if they all work together.

I just renamed that bin/test-all to bin/test-grokcore.  Quick to run, good for
testing grok.

And I added a new bin/test-all as a really-almost-everyting tester based on
plone.recipe.alltests.  Good for testing whether our combination of packages
works in that combination. It currently gives quite a lot of errors (mostly
renamed imports failures in zope.app.* tests).

I saw a message on zope-dev that seemed to indicate that lots of these (test)
errors are now fixed.  So there might be newer releases coming up.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com