[Grok-dev] libraries to use with Grok

Kent Tenney ktenney at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:15:17 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Steve Schmechel wrote:
>
>> Also, is someone working on that "namespace collections" document?  If
>> not, I am willing to format and publish that on the Grok site.
>
> +1. I don't think we should go overboard with a document like that as
> the namespace itself is often not that significant, but an overview
> about what namespaces are floating around in our community would be useful.

My impression is that the namespace implies an entity
responsible for this code, and the difference between that
entity being Zope Corp and Some Guy is significant to
me as someone not familiar with the landscape.

Most major players have a web presence, so a link to that would be good,
though what I always find most useful is others _experiences_, which was the
thinking behind the suggestion regarding a wiki page per namespace.

I guess we already have a vast collection of experience stories, they are
kept spread out on Blogs all over the Web. *

* Steven Wright -
- I have the worlds largest seashell collection.
You may have seen it, I keep it spread out on beaches all over the world
http://www.memorable-quotes.com/steven+wright,a252.html

Thanks,
Kent