[Grok-dev] libraries to use with Grok

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Dec 10 17:12:50 EST 2009

Hi there,

Steve Schmechel wrote:
> It is not in the site's navigation yet, because I would like to get
> some review by others (especially the source authors).

Looks good overall, thanks very much doing this!

A few comments:

Get rid of the "I" in the opening text, and perhaps turn the question
into a statement:

If we had no namespaces conflicts between library names could easily
happen. If a developer named their package "resource" there would be a
good chance some other developer would wish to name their package the
same way, and without namespaces there would be no way to distinguish
between the two.

For megrok.*, I think we said "modular extension Grok". of course this
is a bit of a joke; it's really a "backronym" for caveman-style ME GROK
HUNGRY and such.

I used the word "stuff" quite a bit. That's a bit informal, perhaps you
can tighten up the language.

z3c.*: Typo in "diverse colletion" -> "collection"

There's still a reference to Plone mailing lists and such in the
"Choosing a Namespace for a new Package" section. I'd just turn that
into grok-dev.