[Grok-dev] Towards grok-1.1a2, Was: testing apps with grok-1.1a1

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Dec 10 17:34:19 EST 2009

On 12/10/09 11:14 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> 2) Do you agree to call the grok-1.1 compatible, ZTK-yfied release of
>> grokcore.security "1.2.1", even if it really is not a bugfix release per sé?
>
> No, I strongly prefer feature releases (1.3) if dependencies have been
> modified. This is also the policy for the ZTK.

Note that I've gone through all the grokcore.* packages and grok itself.
  So the setup.py is up-to-date regarding dependencies.  All packages
have had their dependencies modified, so they need a new release.

Some "someone must check this" items:

- I didn't remove dependencies from grok as there was a comment
indicating existing deps should stay for backwards compatibility
reasons.  I've marked them, though, as "could be zapped".  Needs a look.

- Especially the test dependencies of several grokcore.* packages need a
look.  Quite some zope.app.* left there.

- Once new releases are made and included in grok, the [test-grokcore]
part in grok's buildout needs to include the [test] dependencies of
those grokcore packages. Unless I've switched that part to use
compattest recipe.  That seems a better choice, but I need to take a
look at that before I'm sure about that.  The Reinout-taking-a-look is
already planned for friday ;-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org