[Grok-dev] compattest recipe: automatically test dependencies

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Dec 15 03:46:41 EST 2009

On 12/15/09 8:41 AM, Wolfgang Schnerring wrote:
> * Reinout van Rees<reinout at vanrees.org>  [2009-12-14 19:48]:
>> Could you do a 0.13? I noticed I introduced a bug regarding ``exclude``.
>> I've added a test so it doesn't happen again :-)
>
> Here's something strange. For 0.12 I noticed that setuptools was picked
> up as a dependency but the doctest didn't expect it. Now its in the
> doctest, but the test *still* breaks for me:
>
> File "/home/wosc/zope/z3c.recipe.compattest/src/z3c/recipe/compattest/README.txt", line 80, in README.txt
> Failed example:
>      ls('bin')
> Expected:
>      - buildout
>      - compattest
>      - compattest-z3c.recipe.compattest
>      - compattest-zc.buildout
>      - compattest-zc.recipe.testrunner
> Got:
>      -  buildout
>      -  compattest
>      -  compattest-setuptools
>      -  compattest-z3c.recipe.compattest
>      -  compattest-zc.buildout
>      -  compattest-zc.recipe.testrunner

I've now removed "- compattest-setuptools" from the list, it is cleaner
that way.

I suspect that whether or not setuptools shows up is a matter of using
setuptools or distribute.  To make sure the tests don't get hung up on
that irrelevant difference, I added a normalizer in testing.py that
filters it out.

Ah! I made an error in the normalizer regex... Sigh... I removed the \n,
can you do an svn up and rerun the test? Should be fine now.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com