[Grok-dev] Martian and Fake Modules

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Dec 17 09:52:47 EST 2009

Paul Wilson wrote:
> 2009/12/17 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
[snip]
> Yes - I've discussed this with Benji as I originally wrote this as a
> branch of Manuel. However, he sees Manuel as being primarily a plugin
> system, and prefers that extensions are packaged as such.

Understood. Not sure I agree with him as testing this stuff is so
fundamental, but at least it's a clean and simple testing dependency.

> Thanks for taking a look Martijn; I'll continue reworking the Martian
> doctests to use Manuel and the fakemodule plugin.

Great. Thanks very much for doing this work. I think this can help us
clean a *lot* of Grok's tests eventually. Right now we use this custom
system where modules are tested by a docstring on the top, and it'd be
nice if we could replace this with doctests eventually.

\