[Grok-dev] moving some directives around and changes in the view approach

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 18:04:47 EST 2009

Before doing anything, I'd like to get opinions, even though we
discussed that here, already.

I'd like to move the directives :

1. "path"  from grokcore.view to grokcore.component (this is a really
useful directive, I use it in dolmen.content, for instance)

2. "order" from grokcore.viewlet to grokcore.component

3. "view" from grokcore.viewlet to grokcore.view (it makes sense,
since other package using grokcore.view might want to refer to a view
with this directive)

This would be, already, a nice improvement, according to me. This
could be done before 1.1, as it's not a major changes for grok and it
won't break any dependencies, as we are simply pulling the directives
"up".
In a second time, I'd like to discuss the future of the "view". It has
been in the center of many discussion already, but I feel that there
is a lot of room for improvement, like cutting the template classes
and template grokking away from the grokcore.view to make it more
generic.

I want to fix the directive in a first move.