[Grok-dev] Grok-1.1a2 released!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Dec 28 14:21:20 EST 2009

Hey,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
[snip]
>> Presumably to make sure that people that do an
>> "install_requires=['grok']" get the list of packages they're used to.
>
> That could be the reason, yes. But then we should these users to include
> these packages as dependencies in their setup.py files themselves. A
> documentation issue. We should amend the upgrade notes for this.

I think we could have a special 'grokbackwards' package that people
upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1 can install to get all the packages that their
code expected as much as possible. Grok 1.1 proper will *not* install
the extra dependencies.

We then encourage people to lose the dependencies on those packages as
much as possible, or alternatively make them explicit in their own
setup.py if they're really needed.