[Grok-dev] Grok-1.1a2 released!

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:00:07 EST 2009

Reinout van Rees <reinout at vanrees.org> wrote:
snip
> Here's the current list (basically reported by z3c.dependencychecker):
>
> # deprecated packages, there for backwards compatibility
> 'zope.app.error',
> 'zope.app.securitypolicy',
> 'zope.app.session',
> # Reported as unused by z3c.dependencychecker.  Should
> # be removed or moved to the deprecated packages list.
> 'zope.app.appsetup',
> 'zope.app.pagetemplate',
> 'zope.app.security',
> 'zope.app.twisted',
> 'zope.deprecation',
> 'zope.dottedname',
> 'zope.hookable',
> 'zope.i18nmessageid',
> 'zope.pagetemplate',
> 'zope.proxy',
> 'zope.viewlet',
>
> So: are those first three packages special?  Can they be removed?  What
> about the rest?  Someone knowledgeable that wants to make the call?

zope.app.session was still referred to from grok's configure.zcml. I replaced
that with a reference to zope.session, so the "dependency" could be lifted.

I "just" removed the other two (zope.app.error and zope.app.securitypolicy) as
well, will no ill effect as far as I could see when running the tests.

I did not yet look at the second part of the list.

regards,
jw