[Grok-dev] megrok.icon

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 20:21:55 EST 2009

While trying to acheive a clean solution for registering icons in
dolmen.content, I realized how feeble were the icon resource
implementation.
Using zope.browerresource.icon is really painful, if you need to
register icons for classes, in a sane way.
Therefore, I started some experimentation. I coded 2 implementations
of the same idea in a package called megrok.icon

One uses utilities :
http://svn.zope.org/megrok.icon/trunk/src/megrok/icon/

The other, simple registries with some grokker for creating your own
icon registries (this is the mode recent - from today):
http://svn.zope.org/megrok.icon/branches/utility-less/src/megrok/icon/

The interest of this package is to be able to provide full sets of
icons, easily installable and pluggable, to be able to populate icons
registries easily and link an icon with a component.
I'm eager to get ideas, feedbacks or whatever.

- Souheil