[Grok-dev] a nice research project

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Feb 7 12:02:42 EST 2009

Hi there,

I just read this:

http://plope.com/whats_your_web_framework_doing

And I certainly don't understand that Grok is doing here.

The sample code for instance shouldn't be using the ZPT engine at all,
but for some reason we *do* see a lot of TAL used in the profiler
output. I don't understand why an XML parser should be invoked either,
except if that's ZPT again. Configuration needs XML but that should only
be invoked during startup time (I see calls to minidom) in there.

If people would like to dig into this and see where some of these
artifacts are coming from, perhaps we can get the list of calls for such
a simple application down.