[Grok-dev] object relationships

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Feb 12 11:08:33 EST 2009

Hey Jeroen,

You're right, I hadn't explored this issue as I initially thought it was
related to your workaround for choice, but it isn't. I hadn't run into
it during testing as my application doesn't use applyData() when
creating a new item, and therefore doesn't send any ObjectModified
events before the object is attached to a container. The code handling
ObjectModified makes the assumption that the object has a unique id, and
for this to happen it needs to have a __parent__, which it doesn't have
yet before it is added to the container.

I can reproduce the issue here and I'm working on a fix.