[Grok-dev] zopeproject

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Feb 12 12:48:22 EST 2009

Hi there

It looks like zopeproject development is happening again. There was at
least a recent release.

It'd be good for grokproject to learn from zopeproject and let
zopeproject learn from grokproject. Eventually we might end up sharing
code again in some kind of zope.project library or something. So please
engage the developers, in particular Dan Korostelev who has been hacking
on this recently, on zope-dev.

Note that all of this (or zope.app.wsgi) shouldn't hold up immediate
work on grokproject or grokcore.startup at all. It's just to point out
long-term points for cooperation that we shouldn't neglect.

As a general philosophy, the Grok project is a customer of the Zope
framework project, and if problems are solved at that level we should
contribute our own code and insights, and see whether can then use that
solution instead of rolling our own. We roll our own when we have to
(and we did have to for grokproject).